Thursday, December 18, 2008

Teh Thundersnow





Hi All!

This morning at 5 we got a rude awakening, the walls of our concrete building rattled as an enormous boom resounded through the skies, before the second of the only two booms came to us, The second Boom came while I was getting dressed and I raced to go out and investigate. Fire trucks came down our steep little hill and headed a block over to a building whose fire alarm could barely be heard over the clamor of Seattle's collective car alarms going of at once.

I headed down the street to find that there were actually two buildings whose alarms were screaming their distress into the air, I'm not sure if the booms set them off or not, but upon heading back to my building I watched a metro bus slide back down the hill and crush a pick-up truck against a tree.

Every time there is snow we get a show out the window of our apartment as the idiotic drivers of our fair city try to drive up the short but steep grade on the ice, it rarely ends well.

So far today we've seen the bus hit the truck, and while I was passed out I am told that several fender benders occurred, culminating in the closure (FINALLY!) of the hill after a box-truck slid down to crash into a cop-car attending another accident. ( I really wish I'd be awake to get THOSE pics)

During the day the 27's piled up at the bottom of the hill because once down in our little "valley" the couldn't get out even with chains!

Enjoy your Winter Wonderland where ever you are and Merry X-mas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa/Yule!

>----Nerd 29.8.8.................................../Success!
>----Geek 29.9.9.98.5........................../Success!
>----Fanboy 7.5..................................../Success!
>
> logout: Aerik...................................../Success!

No comments: