Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Troubles in Puterland

Hey All!

So while I was down in Hoquiam helping JSB I wasn't here with my machines, Stupidly before leaving I was doing some serious muckage, I messed up my whole network here in our little apartment.

I messed up BOTH of my RAID arrays in my main machine and and didn't have time to fix it, meanwhile CK's computer was out of commission due to a messed up HDD (courtesy of XP SP3) so when I left only my small renderfarm was operational. If you don't know anything about computers a "Farm" is a group of computers configured to work together to achieve LARGE scale operations that would take a single computer a really long time to complete.

My little farm is made up of 6 "broken" PS2s, they don't play the games anymore but instead have PS2 Linux installed on them, sadly they are NOT user-friendly they don't even have a GUI (Graphical User Interface) so my home was "dark".

On my weekend trips home I would spend some of the time alternately working on CK's puter and getting mine ready for the FUN task of data recovery, since my RAID arrays have a total capacity of 1.5 Terabytes this has been a daunting task.

SUCCESS! I am now writing to you after spending all day busting my ass working out bugs and dumping data onto DVD discs so that I could reconfigure, reformat and reinstall BOTH windows XP and Ubuntu Linux.

FAILURE! Sadly without a GUI or an interface terminal I was unaware of the fact that my farm had tanked sometime in August! So currently I am looking for "Broken" PS2s to replace a couple that finally gave up the ghost and cooked the proccessors. YARG!

>----Nerd 29.8.8.................................../Success!
>----Geek 29.9.9.98.5........................../Success!
>----Fanboy 7.5..................................../Success!
>
> logout: Aerik...................................../Success!

No comments: